8.13.2011

Back To Work Motives

TODAYS MOTIVATION

After Maya was born I decided to take a full year of maternity / parental leave, which means I am off until March. Yesterday I ran into someone from my work at kickboxing who had a baby a month before me and she is thinking of going back to work early. We got talking about day care and what's happening at work and all that jazz.  It made me a little sad to think that my little itty bitty is already five months old and that my time with her at home is almost half over. 

Speaking of my sweet little precious baby girl, don't you think she is just the cutest thing ever?







As I was reflecting on all of this I was also remembering the plan in my head to take advantage of my time off to really achieve a healthier weight. I work in a helping profession that can be emotionally exhausting at times, and it is nice to have a break from that to focus on just myself.  I would love to be able to return to work and not have to worry about whether I will fit back into my work clothes.  I want to be able to return feeling good about myself. I want people to say when I walk back into that office, "You look great!".  So, today I am going to take full advantage of being at home and use this anticipation of work to keep me motivated!


RANT OR RAVE

Did you know that when you blend frozen bananas it creates a texture similar to ice cream? I found this the other day and thought I would share.  Check it out!


Of course it tastes just like eating a banana because, well, you are eating a banana! You can add other stuff such as vanilla or a little bit of peanut butter or whatever suits your fancy. When I first made this I was a bit disappointed because the bananas I used were a bit too ripe and that's all I could taste, but with the right bananas it is a nice way to change it up from the regular way of eating them!


NOTE TO SELF





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...